Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Painting my Kitchen from Yellow to Green "YIKES"

With summer winding down I have been busy with some home improvement projects. When I bought my home I painted most of the rooms a shade of yellow because I wanted a "happy and welcoming" environment. Well, over the years that happy yellow has become a "dirty" yellow. Yellow and children are not compatible. No matter how much I wiped finger prints off it still looked dirty! I wanted to paint a nice warm color. So meet green......

I know it scared me at first too but then I decided to go for it. Painting my kitchen 2 shades of green. I promise it gets better as it dries. At least I went to bed that night praying that it would. I am also painting the trim. It needs a 2nd coat. That is still not finished as of today but I am working on it!


Ta Da! Glorious Green!





















Pardon the finger prints on my stainless steel and the pot in my sink. As you can see I did not clean up for you and this is really how we live.




















This is the wear the 2 walls meet. The underside is a soffet and not a 3rd color. It just looks darker. The kighter color is under the cabinets. Darker is on all the other walls but one.

Sadly, I still need hardware for my cabinets. So many choices! It is hard to decide. I am open to suggestions! And here is the reason why I need to paint my kitchen a darker color! Look at the food on his face and I believe there is some sauce already on the wall too.























If you like the colors they are Benjamin Moore: Old Salem gray (the darker color) and Richmond Gray. OPPPS! This is not GREEN but Gray...... oh I feel much better now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Blog said...

Thanks it is still a work in progress!

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
Was thinking this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/rubber-ducky-party-supplies.html]rubber ducky Party Supplies[/url].

Unknown said...

Wow! You're a life-saver. I painted my LR/DR with Old Salem Gray aaaand another gray. We didn't save the can...but you used the same two colors! Richmond Gray was the other color...Thank you for this post!

http://www.redfin.com/IL/Arlington-Hts/1004-W-Frontenac-Dr-60004/home/13847112

Ms. J to you! said...

Glad to have helped! I still love the colors!

Blog said...

Oh gosh this was 4 years ago! How time passes so quickly!